Smoked Meat Poutine with Sautéed Mushrooms
Serves: 2 to 3
Cooking Time: 40min
From time to time, it's important to reinvent the classic poutine. That's why we introduce to you a smoked meat poutine recipe, accompanied by sautéed mushrooms.
- 250g very hot Levitts Montreal smoked meat, coarsely chopped
- 650 g frozen wedges French fries
- 1 cup demi-glace sauce
- 1 cup poutine sauce
- 170 g diced porteenies mushrooms, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 400 g cheese curds
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place French fries on baking sheet and bake as directed on the package. Keep warm.
- In a saucepan, add the sauces, mix and bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat and keep warm, stirring occasionally.
- In a skillet heated over high heat, add the butter and melt. Add the mushrooms, mix to coat and cook for 3 to 4 minutes to remove the water. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, without stirring too much, to brown. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Build your poutine! In a large presentation plate, add half the fries, cheese curds and smoked meat. Continue with remaining ingredients and drown with boiling sauce. Garnish with green onions and serve immediately!