Confit Duck Spring Rolls
Serves: About 20 rolls
Cooking Time: 5min
These spring rolls are so fresh! As an appetizer, this confit duck spring rolls recipe is perfect and will surely impress everyone at the table!
- The flesh of 4 confit duck legs, by Maillard, cooked, pulled and warm
- 20 rice paper for spring rolls (400 g pack)
- 300 g spinach rice vermicelli, cooked, drained and chopped
- 3 carrots, cut in julienne
- Boston lettuce
- A big handful of fresh coriander
- A big handful of fresh mint
- About 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- Toasted sesame seeds
- In a large deep plate filled with cold water, place 1 sheet of rice paper and let soften for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove the rice paper and drain well. Lay flat on a non-porous work surface to make it easy.
- Gather all the ingredients for the rolls near you.
- Place a small amount of vermicelli in the centre, 10 cm from the base of the rice paper. Add 2 julienne carrots, 1 to 2 lettuce leaves, a few fresh mint and cilantro leaves, duck confit, some bean sprouts and garnish with a few pinches of sesame seeds.
- Fold the bottom part over the ingredients and press lightly with your fingers to compact. Fold the sides over the centre and roll all up. Garnish with sesame seeds. Repeat until no more ingredients are left. Serve with a “Nuoc Mam” dipping sauce or your favourite peanut sauce!