Grilled Tandoori Chicken Breasts
Serves: 6 to 8
Cooking Time: 20min
If your in need of some exotic flavours, you can try this grilled tandoori chicken breasts recipe. Deliciously spicy, they'll transport you straight to India.
- 6 trimmed boneless chicken breasts, by Maillard
- 1 1/2 cups 10% Mediterranean yogurt
- The juice of 2 large lemons
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- 30 drops of red food colouring
- Pepper from the mill to taste
- Place the chicken breasts in a large, airtight dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add marinade ingredients, generously season with pepper and mix. Pour 3/4 of the marinade and mix well to coat. Close the dish and reserve in the fridge for 3 hours. Reserve the fresh marinade in the fridge as well.
- Preheat the BBQ to maximum intensity and reduce to medium intensity. Oil the grates and place the chicken breasts on the fire. Baste generously with the fresh marinade and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Flip the breasts over, baste generously and continue cooking for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat and serve immediately!