Marinated Tuna Poke Bowl with Avocado, Grapefruit and Wakame
Cooking Time: 20 min
Preparation: 50 min
Oh so fresh! Oh so delicious! Oh so healthy! This recipe of marinated tuna poke bowl combines great and simple ingredients that everybody loves. Add some avocado, grapefruit and wakame seaweed and you get paradise!
- 400 g yellowfin tuna poke cubes, from Maillard
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame oil (or replace with avocado oil)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp furikake (Japanese rice seasoning)
Rice and Toppings
- 1 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 3 cups salted water
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 grapefruit, sections diced
- 3/4 to 1 cup wakame seaweed (optional)
- 2 to 3 green onions, chopped
Spicy Mayonnaise (optional)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- In a pan, bring 3 cups of salted water to a boil. Add 1 1/2 cup of rice, cover and simmer over very low heat for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit 10 minutes without uncovering. Mix the rice gently with a fork to separate the grains. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- While the rice cooks, combine the tuna with the marinade’s ingredients. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the ingredients of the spicy mayonnaise.
- Divide the rice equally into four bowls. Top with spicy mayonnaise and sprinkle with furikake.
- In each bowl, add the wakame seaweed, avocado and grapefruit. Distribute the marinated tuna, then pour the remaining marinade on top. Garnish with chopped green onions. If desired, sprinkle with furikake one last time.