Creamy Gnocchi with Ground Pork (Rosée Sauce)
Cooking Time: 15 min
Preparation: 10 min
This recipe is so easy, yet so awesomely satisfying! The tastiness of a rosée sauce combined with the elegance of gnocchi! Chef's tip: for the ground meat, use Nagano pork; juicy and delicious.
- 400 g ground pork
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g market gnocchi
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (796 ml)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Italian spices (or replace by 1 tbsp basil and 1/2 of ground fennel seeds)
- 140 to 200 g spinach or baby spinach
- 237 ml 15% country-style cream
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded or in shavings
- In a big pan (or in a big casserole if the recipe is doubled) over medium-high heat, brown the pork meat in the olive oil, crumbling it with a spatula. Transfer into a plate.
- In the same pan, brown the gnocchi for 2 minutes, stirring. Add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the garlic, the chili flakes, salt and pepper. Sauté for one more minute.
- Return the pork meat into the pan. Add the diced tomatoes, the Italian spices and the spinach. Let simmer for a few minutes, stirring, until the spinach is cooked. Add the cream and the parmesan cheese, and mix.
- If desired, add some more cheese on top and broil in the oven for a few minutes, until the cheese is golden-brown.