Breakfast Burritos with Toulouse Sausages and Peppers
4 burritos (2 pieces each)
Cooking Time: 30 min
Preparation: 15 min
Your mornings will never be the same with this breakfast burritos recipe. These tortillas are packed with amazing ingredients such as Toulouse sausages, bell peppers, and classics like eggs and bacon. THAT really helps you kickstart the day!
- 4 Toulouse sausages, from Maillard
- 4 slices of bacon (optional)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 big red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 tortillas of 9-10 inches in diameter
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- Pepper, to taste
- Remove the sausages’ casings to keep only the meat. In a big pan, over medium-high heat, crumble and golden the sausage meat. When it’s well cooked, remove from heat and reserve in a plate. Throw out most of the fat, keeping only about 1 tablespoon.
- In the same pan, golden the onion and bell peppers over medium heat. Pepper to taste. Once the vegetables are tender, add the beaten eggs and cook, stirring a few times, until the eggs are scrambled.
- Cook the bacon in the microwave: place the 4 slices between two paper towels, inside a plate, and cook for 1min30 at high power. Check for doneness and cook 30 seconds more if necessary.
- Place a tortilla on the work surface. On the middle, add 1/2 cup of baby spinach. Add 1/4 of the sausage meat, 1/4 of the eggs, and if desired, 1 slice of bacon and/or 1/4 of grated cheddar. Fold the sides of the tortilla, and roll while pressing the content of the burrito.
- Rinse the pan and heat it over medium. Without adding any fat, golden the burritos on each side.
- *Note: The burritos can be kept for 4 days in the refrigerator – just warm in the small oven before serving. They can also be frozen for 3 months, wrapped in aluminum foil and kept in a sealed bag or container.