Duck Breast Prosciutto with Fine Herbs
Serves: 2 breasts
Cooking Time: N/A
Preparation: 24h + 10 days
This duck breast prosciutto recipe takes a while, but it's definitely worth it. You will appreciate the taste of it thanks to its fine herbs seasoning.
- 2 boneless magret duck breasts, by Maillard
- About 4 cups coarse salt
- 10 fresh thyme sprigs
- 6 fresh oregano sprigs
- Cotton cloth and butcher's twine
- In a small dish with high rims, pour about 1 cm of salt in the bottom.
- Place the duck breasts on the salt, skin up. Pour enough salt to cover the breasts.
- Cover with plastic wrap and reserve in the fridge for 24 hours. Rinse with cold water to remove salt and pat with paper towels.
- Place the breasts on cheesecloth, flesh up, and spread the herbs. Wrap with cotton cloth so that it has 2 or 3 layers, and tie securely with string. Suspend in a cool, slightly damp room for 10 to 12 days until the meat is firm and dark and the duck have lost 30% of its weight. (I made it in my kitchen at 20°C with 30% humidity.) Place in the fridge for 30 minutes, slice thinly and serve with fruits, crackers and cheese!