Bacon Quiche with Spinach
Serves: 4 to 6
Cooking Time: 1h
Bacon! Need we say more? Everything is good with some bacon, especially this beautiful quiche recipe. Add some spinach to make it even better!
- 500 g crispy cooked bacon, coarsely chopped, by Maillard
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 142 g baby spinach
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup 15% country-style cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1x 9" deep pie crust
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the shallots and garlic cloves and stir. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring.
- Add the spinach and mix. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes to soften. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and cream and whisk with a fork.
- Add parsley, spinach mixture, season with salt and pepper and stir. Set aside.
- Place the cheese in the bottom of the pie crust followed by half of the bacon.
- Pour the egg mixture and garnish with the remaining bacon.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry when poked in the centre.