Veal Burger Stuffed with Cheese Curds
Serves: 4 to 6
Cooking Time: 35min
Vary from the traditional beef burger for a moment and opt for this veal burger stuffed with cheese curds recipe. Add bacon, veggies and a honey and Dijon mayonnaise.
- 800 g ground veal, by Maillard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, cut in half and sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Montreal steak spices
- 200 g cheese curds, very cold
- 4 hamburger buns, grilled to taste
- Tomato slices
- Lettuce leaves
- 8 bacon slices, crispy cooked
Honey and Dijon Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Provence herbs
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a bowl, add the ingredients for the mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper. Mix and reserve in the fridge.
- In a skillet over medium low heat, melt the butter and add the onion. Season with salt and pepper and toss. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes while stirring, to caramelize slowly. The onions should not brown, lower the heat if it is the case.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir. Continue cooking for 2 minutes to reduce dry. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the veal and steak spices and combine. Form 4 thin patties and distribute the cheese curds in the center. Cover everything with the rest of the ground veal, forming large patties.
- Preheat the BBQ at maximum intensity. Reduce to medium intensity. Oil the grates.
- Add the patties on the grates and cook for 2 minutes. Rotate 45 degrees and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Flip and repeat. Cook for 2 minutes, turn 45 degrees and cook 2 minutes, or until meat is fully cooked.
- Build your burgers! Spread about 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on bottom bread and add caramelized onions. Place a veal patty followed by a few leaves of lettuce, a slice of tomato and two slices of bacon. Spread about 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (or ketchup) on the top bread, close your hamburger and poke with a large toothpick. Eat immediately!