Surf 'n Turf with Homemade Garlic Butter
Serves: 2 to 3
Cooking Time: 12min
This surf 'n turf recipe is everything you ever wished for! Manhattan striploin steaks, shrimps and homemade garlic butter. What do you need more?
- 2 Manhattan striploin steaks
- 454 g raw shrimp size 16-20, shelled but with tail
- Olive oil
Homemade Garlic Butter
- 3/4 cup soft butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced very finely
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon white wine
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a bowl, add the ingredients for the butter and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and pour in the center of a plastic wrap.
- Roll tight and turn the sides to compact the butter in the center to form a cylinder. Reserve in the fridge for at least 2 hours to harden.
- Remove steaks 30 minutes before cooking to temper. Season with salt and pepper generously on each side.
- In a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, pour a drizzle of olive oil and add steaks.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, rubbing the meat in the bottom of the pan.
- Flip the meat over and add 3 nice slices of garlic butter. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, basting the meat with the melted butter. At this point, doneness should be rare. Continue cooking if necessary. Place the meat on a plate, cover with foil and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the pan and preheat on high heat. Melt 3 nice slices of garlic butter then add the shrimps. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes without stirring the shrimps until they are well colored and pink. Serve with the steaks and accompany with a fresh salad!