Prosciutto and Sage Milk-Fed Veal Scallopini
Cooking Time: 12min
You won't believe what it's possible to do with veal scallopini! This milk-fed veal scallopini recipe is added with delicious prosciutto and sage.
- 800 g veal scallopini, flattened very thin
- About 20 large fresh sage leaves
- 125 g prosciutto thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup limoncello
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Place the veal scallopini on a work surface and cut the long ones in half.
- Add one or two sage leaves followed by a slice of prosciutto. Season with pepper and roll. Stitch with a toothpick to secure. Repeat with the rest of the veal. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick pan heated over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and place half of the rolls. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on all sides for 5 to 6 minutes in total or until meat is cooked through. Repeat with the rest. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Deglaze with the limoncello and scrape the bottom to get the flavours.
- Add the butter and lemon juice then season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring. Filter and serve with the veal!