Supreme Nachos with BBQ Chicken
Serves: 4 to 6
Cooking Time: 30min
This nachos recipe will be the best nachos recipe you will ever try! Maillard's quality chicken breasts, onions, peppers, olives, bacon... What do you want more?
- 2 chicken breasts, by Maillard
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Ingredients for nachos
- 250g nachos chips
- About 1/2 cup salsa
- 250g cheese curds
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 10 bacon slices, cooked crispy and chopped
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper sliced finely (optional)
- Sour cream and guacamole for the service
- In a bowl, add the spices for the dry rub and mix. Place the chicken in an airtight dish, pour about 1/2 cup of dry rub and close the dish. Shake well and reserve in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chicken breasts on the baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 165 F. Cut into strips and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large presentation plate (or large baking sheet), pour half of the tortilla chips followed by a little bit of salsa. Add half of the cheese curds, corn, olives, pepper, bacon, tomato, onion and cheddar cheese.
- Add the remaining tortilla chips followed by remaining cheese curds, corn, pepper, olives, bacon, tomato and onion.
- Add the rest of the salsa, the chicken followed by a few slices of jalapeño pepper and cover with the rest of the cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Change to BROIL continue cooking until cheese is melted and lightly golden. Serve with sour cream and guacamole!