Spicy Pork Chops and Grilled Veggie Salsa
Cooking Time: 20min
Bring the fiesta with this spicy pork chops recipe accompanied by a grilled vegetables salsa! If you were lacking some spice and in your recipes, this is now over!
- 4 bone-in pork chops, approx. 270 g each
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. onion salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. powdered chipotle
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 orange bell pepper, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, halved
- 1 red onion, cut in chunks
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Juice from one half lime
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 fistful fresh chopped coriander
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Place the chops in a large airtight container and drizzle with olive oil. Mix until all chops are well covered. Put all other ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix and rub onto all surfaces of the chops. Let stand in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Bring the BBQ to high heat and then lower one side to the medium setting. Lightly oil the cooking surfaces and place the meat over the lower temperature grill. Cook for 3 minutes and rotate by 45 degrees. Cook another 3 minutes and turn the chops over. Repeat: cook 3 minutes, rotate and cook 3 minutes. Depending on thickness, the meat should be pink. Double-check and keep cooking in indirect heat if necessary.
- Set aside on a plate, cover with aluminum foil and let stand for 5 minutes before serving with salsa.
- Bring the BBQ to high heat and place a BBQ-safe wok on the hot grill.
- In a large bowl, mix the bell peppers, the red onion and garlic and spritz with olive oil. Add salt, pepper and mix well. Toss the content in the hot wok and grill for 6 to 8 minutes. Stir regularly. Remove the salsa from the heat and let it cool down completely.
- Finely chop the grilled vegetables and place them into a mixing bowl with the lime juice, tomatoes and coriander. Add a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate until use.