Smoked Leg of Lamb with Honey Mustard Marinade
Cooking Time: 45min
You will simply not get back from this smoked leg of lamb with honey mustard marinade recipe. Did we mention that this lamb leg is smoked and oh so tasty? Try it!
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (750 g) in honey mustard marinade
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Apple wood chips for the smoker
- Bring your smoker to 400 °F. In a mixing bowl, pour the olive oil and Dijon mustard, and then add salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Place the lamb in the centre of the grille and close the lid. Cook for 20 minutes, occasionally basting the meat with the marinade. Add a handful of wood chips directly on the charcoal and let it smoke throughout the cooking.
- Reduce to 375°F by closing the vent and opening the top part. Cook with the lid closed for another 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 63°C (145°F). Baste the lamb once more with the marinade and add another handful of wood chips on top of the charcoal to keep it smoking.
- Take the meat out of the barbecue, place it in a plate and cover it with aluminum foil. Let it stand for 10 minutes as the internal temperature rises, until it reaches approximately 68°C (155°F), which yields pink perfection. Savour immediately.