Seared Foie Gras with Brandy Caramelized Apples
Cooking Time: 2min
Try this seared foie gras recipe with Brandy caramelized apples today! It's perfect for the holidays, but you can enjoy it all year long and it will have you melting.
- 280 g duck foie gras, in 4 slices
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 McIntosh apples, peeled and cored, cut in 3mm slices
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup brandy
- Fresh chives, finely chopped
- Salt and ground pepper
- In a big pan at medium heat, melt the butter. Add the apples, nutmeg, maple syrup and half of the brandy. Stir well and simmer for 6-8 minutes until apples are soft and liquid is mostly evaporated.
- Add the rest of the brandy then light on fire with a lighter. Be careful with fire! Always make sure the fan is off before playing with fire. Remove from heat.
- Make ¼" crosswise incisions in the foie gras slices, on both sides, then generously season with salt and pepper.
- In a big pan heated at high heat (pan needs to be smoking hot), place the foie gras slices in the pan and let cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute until nicely browned. Gently flip and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Place on a plate and let cool down for 2 minutes.
- Pour the apples on a nice plate, add the foie gras on top and garnish with chives!