Pork Chops with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Serves: 4 to 6
Cooking Time: 35min
Try this classic pork chops with creamy mushroom sauce recipe. Here you are; comfort food at its best. Add some colour with a mix of parsley, thyme and oregano.
- 4 Pork chops (250 g each) by Maillard
- Olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 227 g cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 237 ml 15% country-style cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- The zest of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Drizzle a thin stream of olive oil on the pork chops then season with salt and pepper. Rub to coat well. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter then add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the onion, garlic and mushrooms then season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter then add the pork chops. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove the meat and set aside.
- Return the mushrooms in the pan followed by the white wine and stir. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add chicken broth, cream, thyme, oregano, parsley, lemon zest, season with salt and pepper and mix. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Return the pork to the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until the pork is cooked, basting the meat nonstop. Garnish with fresh parsley before serving!