Nagano Pork Chops with Hoisin Sauce & Spicy Satay Udon Noodles
Cooking Time: 20 min
Preparation: 30 min
We love this recipe because it allows to travel far for a couple of minutes without even having to move from your comfortable home kitchen. In this recipe, find and taste the exotic Asian flavours everyone will love, parents, children, grandparents, everyone will be pleased by a meal like this!
- 2 Royal cut Nagano pork chops, by Maillard
- 4 packs of Udon noodles from the market (800 g each)
- 1 French shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- Toasted sesame oil
- Teriyaki sauce
- Crushed peanuts and basil to taste
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp sambal oelek, or more to taste
- The juice of a lime
- In a bowl, mix all the marinade’s ingredients and pour over the pork chops evenly. Reserve.
- In a bowl, mix the satay sauce’s ingredients until homogeneity.
- Heat a cast iron pan on medium/high heat with a drizzle of oil. Cook the chops for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chops from heat and wrap in aluminium foil, and let rest.
- In a stewpot, add 2 tbsp of oil, the chopped garlic, the chopped shallot and the miso paste.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then add the Udon noodles. Continue cooking for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add the satay sauce mix to coat it all. Add a drizzle of toasted sesame oil.
- Dish setting : divide the Udon noodles in two separate bowls. Slice the pork chops and put on top (you can keep the bones if desired). Garnish with crushed peanuts, basil, and teriyaki sauce.