Merguez Rolls with Goat Cheese and Apricot Sauce
Serves: 24 Rolls
Cooking Time: 15 min
Preparation: 30 min
Perfect for Holidays or an occasional soiree, or even for a solo supper (depending on your appetite), this new version of pigs in a blanket is so exciting! Enjoy this recipe with the exotic taste of merguez sausages, the delicious flavours of fresh goat cheese and a fruity apricot sauce.
Ingredients for Rolls
- 12 lamb merguez sausages, by Maillard
- 400 g puff pastry
- 125 to 150 g plain (or fine herbs) goat cheese
- 1 to 2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 ½ cup apricot jam
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp chili flakes (optional)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a pan, over medium heat, cook the merguez sausages for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and let cool down for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix all the ingredients of the apricot sauce.
- Divide the puff pastry in two. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one of the halves of the dough into a 4” x 7” rectangle. On the rectangle’s width, cut 12 thin triangles of about 4” x 1”. Do the same with the other half of the puff pastry for a total of 24 triangles.
- Place 1 tsp (approx.) of goat cheese in each triangle’s widest part.
- Cut the sausages in two. Place sausage halves on each triangle, over the goat cheese.
- Roll each triangle around the sausages. Transfer onto a baking sheet covered with a silicon placemat or parchment paper.
- With a paintbrush, baste each roll with some apricot sauce. If desired, garnish with sesame seeds.
- Cook the rolls at the center of the oven, for 14 to 18 minutes, or until the pastry is golden-brown.
- Serve the merguez rolls along with the rest of the apricot sauce.