Lamb Meatballs Soup
Cooking Time: 25min
Warm yourself up with this lamb meatballs soup recipe. A Campbell soup is good, but it’s nothing compared to this recipe. Add some colour and you’ll get a healthy soup.
- 700 g lean ground lamb
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ¾ cup fresh parmesan, finely grated
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Herbes de Provence
- 1 tsp. fennel seed
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 3 shallots, cut into thin rings
- ¼ cup white wine
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cup frozen green peas
- 2 cups baby spinach
- In a large bowl, pour all the ingredients for the meatballs, add a generous dash of salt and pepper. Using your hands, blend well and form small meatballs, using approximately 1 tablespoon of mixture. Set aside.
- Bring a large skillet to medium heat, add a little olive oil and brown the meatballs for 5-6 minutes until nicely coloured. Brown small quantities at a time and discard the excess fat between them. Set aside.
- In a large casserole, add some olive oil and cook the shallots over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add white wine and mix. Let it simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to the low setting, add the meatballs and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the green peas and spinach, stir and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Taste and correct the seasoning, if necessary. Serve with baguette bread and premium cheese.