Korean Grilled Sandwich with Beef and Cheese
Cooking Time: 20min
This Korean grilled sandwich with beef and cheese recipe will have your taste buds travelling straight to the Korean peninsula. We reinvented the grilled cheese sandwich!
- 750g boneless beef ribeye steaks, by Maillard
- Olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, finely sliced
- 8 large slices of a country bread, buttered
- 3 cups grated Gouda cheese
- 1 red gala apple, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grilled sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Grilled pepper
- Place the meat in the freezer for about 45 minutes then cut in very thin slices, about 2 mm thick. Place in a large, airtight dish and set aside.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the marinade in a food processor and pepper to taste. Puree.
- Pour over the meat, mix well and reserve in the fridge for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil followed by onion and bell peppers. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add the meat, increase to high heat and mix. Cook, stirring for 5 to 7 minutes, or until meat is cooked. Remove the meat and drain off the juice.
- On the 4 bottom bread slices, spread half of the cheese followed by the meat. Add the rest of the cheese and place the top bread slices.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, place the sandwich and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, pressing, until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown. Cut and serve immediately!