Grilled Asian Duck Legs Char Siu
Serves: 4 to 6
Cooking Time: 35min
This grilled Asian duck legs recipe is unbelievable since it's made char siu style. If you don't know what is the char siu cooking, it's definitely worth trying.
- 4 duck legs without back (about 225g each) by Maillard
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup blond beer
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon grilled sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 spices
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- Chopped fresh chives to serve
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a large bowl, pour all the ingredients for the marinade then season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place the duck legs in a large, air tight container and pour half of the marinade over them. Massage to coat and close the dish. Reserve in the fridge for 3 hours minimum, or even better, all night. Shake from time to time. Reserve the rest of the marinade in the fridge as well.
- Preheat the BBQ to medium temperature, about 300°F.
- Close a fire and place the duck legs on the closed fire for indirect cooking. Cook for 1 hour, basting occasionally.
- Increase the fire at maximum and cook for about 10 minutes, basting constantly, until the thighs are well roasted. Flip mid-cooking. Serve immediately and garnish with fresh chives!