Flattened Chicken with Mustard, Maple and Oregano
Serves: 4 to 6
Cooking Time: 35min
Guaranteed success for a barbecue this summer with this flattened chicken with mustard, maple and oregano recipe. Be sure to check the recipe's video out.
- 1 flattened chicken about 1kg, by Maillard
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons old mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon salted herbs from the Bas-du-Fleuve
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Smoking basket
- 2 bricks wrapped in aluminum foil
- In a large bowl, mix the ingredients for the marinade. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Place the chicken in a large, airtight container and pour half of the marinade over it. Massage to coat well. Close the dish and reserve in the fridge for 1 hour. Keep rest of the fresh marinade in the fridge as well.
- Place 3 to 4 cups of smoking wood chips in the water and soak for 20 minutes.
- Place a smoking basket on the BBQ grills and fill with drained wood chips. Preheat the BBQ at maximum intensity until the chips begin to smoke, 20 to 25 minutes. Add wood chips as soon as smoke begins to reduce, if necessary.
- Close 1 or 2 fire on your BBQ (so that the chicken is at indirect cooking) but keep the fire open under the smoking basket. Throw the chicken on the closed fire, skin down, and place the 2 bricks on top. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until chicken is well marked.
- Remove the bricks (be careful, they will be hot !!!) and flip the chicken. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165°F. Brush the chicken with the fresh marinade regularly.