European Hot Dogs with Bacon, Smoked Mayonnaise and Strong Cheddar Cheese
Serves: 4 to 6
Cooking Time: 35min
With this Maillard European hot dogs recipe with crispy bacon, smoked mayonnaise and strong cheddar cheese, the time for boring hot dogs is now over.
- 4 Portuguese sausages by Maillard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped chives
- 6 bacon slices cooked crispy, finely chopped
- 1 baguette bread cut in four and opened in half
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Ketchup and mustard
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- BBQ Chips
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a bowl, add mayonnaise, smoked paprika and chives then season with salt and pepper. Mix, pour into a squeeze bottle and reserve in the fridge.
- Preheat the BBQ to medium power. Oil the grates.
- Place the sausages on the grates and cook for about 15 minutes, turning the sausages often.
- Build your hot dogs! Place the sausages in the buns then add ketchup and mustard to taste. Spread the cheese, onions and bacon then sprinkle with the mayonnaise. Garnish with BBQ chips and serve immediately!