Creamy Penne with Chicken, Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serves: 4 to 6
Cooking Time: 35min
Creamy penne with chicken recipe, for your eyes and your taste buds. Decorate with some tomatoes, dried tomatoes, spinach, and much more. Bon appetit!
- 500 g chicken breasts, by Maillard
- Olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dried tomatoes
- 6 slices of crispy cooked prosciutto, coarsely chopped
- 237 ml 10% cream
- 1 cup finely grated Romano pecorino cheese + a little for the service
- 454 g penne
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Provence herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan filled with salted boiling water, cook pasta al dente following the instructions on the package. Pour into a colander, rinse under cold water and drain well. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add the spices for the dry rub and mix. Place the chicken in a large airtight dish and pour the spices mix. Close the dish and stir to coat. Reserve in the fridge for 1 hour.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and cook the chicken for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked and no more pink on the inside. Cut into strips and set aside.
- In a very large skillet over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and add the onion and garlic cloves. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add spinach, tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes then season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring, just enough to soften the spinach.
- Add prosciutto, cream and pecorino cheese and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring, to thicken the sauce.
- Add pasta and chicken and toss well. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring, just to warm. Divide and garnish with fresh Romano pecorino cheese!