Cowboy Beef Ribeye with Coffee and Chipotle Dry Rub
Serves: 4 to 6
Cooking Time: 35min
Spoil yourself and your friends with a cowboy beef ribeye recipe with a coffee and chipotle dry rub. It might even have some leftovers of this meat giant.
- A cowboy beef ribeye of about 850g, by Maillard
- 2 tablespoons fine salt
- 4 teaspoons finely ground coffee
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chilli powder
- Unpack the piece of meat and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before cooking.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients for the dry rub and mix well. Set aside.
- Preheat the BBQ at maximum power. Oil the grills with vegetable oil.
- Place the steak on the hot grills and cook for about 3 minutes. Rotate 45 degrees and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Flip steak over and repeat : cook 3 minutes, turn 45 degrees and cook 3 minutes.
- Close a BBQ fire and move the meat to the closed side. Continue at indirect cooking until a thermometer indicates an internal temperature of 130°F for rare or 140°F for medium-rare doneness. Place the steak on a plate and cover with foil. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving!