Cordon Bleu Chicken Breasts with Haloumi Cheese
Serves: 4 to 6
Cooking Time: 25min
We are convinced that this cordon bleu chicken recipe will please anyone in your family and friends. Plus, what's not to like when you add haloumi cheese?
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, by Maillard
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian spices
- 8 thin slices of Black Forest ham
- About 1 cup fresh arugula
- 160 g haloumi cheese with spices, cut into sticks
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large plate, add panko, Italian spices and season with salt and pepper. Toss and set aside.
- Slice the chicken breast horizontally, without separating them completely. Pound with the underside of a saucepan to flatten. Set aside.
- Place 2 slices of ham on the chicken breasts followed by a little handful of arugula and haloumi cheese. Season with pepper to taste and close, rolling everything tightly. Secure with toothpicks. Place the breasts on the baking tray.
- Drizzle the chicken with some olive oil and rub to distribute evenly. Roll the breasts in the panko mixture to coat well. Add the remaining mixture on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the internal temperature of the breasts reaches 165 ° F. Cut and serve immediately!