Caprese Grilled Filet Mignon
Serves: 4 to 6
Cooking Time: 35min
With this Caprese grilled filet mignon recipe, add a little extra exotic taste to your summer steaks. A delicious and tender piece of meat, Italian style!
- 4 225 g beef filet mignon by Maillard
- Olive oil
- 200 g fresh Mozzarella di Bufala cheese at room temperature, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Aged balsamic vinegar
- 10 fresh basil leaves + some extra leaves
- Sea salt flakes
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Remove beef from the fridge and let it stand for 30 minutes at room temperature. Drizzle a thin stream of olive oil, rub to coat and generously season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Preheat the BBQ at maximum power. Oil the grates.
- Place the filets on the grates and cook for 2 minutes. Rotate 45 degrees and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Flip the meat and repeat. Cook 2 minutes, rotate 45 degrees and cook for 2 minutes. At this point, your steaks should have a rare doneness. Continue cooking if desired. An internal temperature of 120 F @ 130 F gives a rare doneness and 130 F @ 140 F for medium-rare.
- Remove the meat from the grates and place on a plate. Cover tightly with foil and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place the steaks on a presentation plate and add slices of mozzarella cheese. Continue with tomato slices then drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste. Season with pepper, sprinkle with sea salt flakes and garnish with some basil leaves!