Caesar Chicken Drumsticks with Fresh Salad
Serves: 2 to 3
Cooking Time: 25min
- 5 chicken drumsticks, by Maillard
- 3 garlic cloves
- 10 small anchovy fillets in oil, drained
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- 1 heart of romaine salad, coarsely chopped
- 1 large tomato, cut in half and then sliced
- 1 ripe but firm avocado, cut in half and then sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Provence herbs
- Using a knife, finely chop garlic and anchovies together to obtain a paste, for about 2 minutes. Reserve in a bowl.
- In another bowl, add the egg yolks and whisk lightly. Then add the Dijon mustard, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce and whisk to combine. Whisk in olive oil for 2 minutes to emulsify.
- Stir in vegetable oil while whisking constantly and continue to whisk for 1-2 minutes. Add the anchovy garlic mixture, salt and pepper to taste then mix.
- Place the chicken in an airtight dish and pour the marinade over them. Close and place in the fridge for 3 hours. Shake occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain the chicken drumsticks and place them on the plate. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they are golden and cooked well inside.
- Add the salad dressing of your choice to the salad and serve with the chicken drumsticks! You can also keep half of the fresh marinade and serve it on the salad!