Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Ballotines
Cooking Time: 30 min
Preparation: 25 min
If you're like us, you always want more in life, as well as in your plate! More meat, more tenderness, more taste! Try this ballotines recipe. It's chicken, wrapped with bacon and stuffed with sausage meat. You need something else?
- 3 boneless antibiotic free chicken breasts, by Maillard
- 2 mild Italian sausages, by Maillard
- 1 pack of bacon, by Maillard
- 3 green onions, diced
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs, deleafed
- ½ cup of commercial sundried-tomato pesto
- Olive oil
- Remove the sausages casing and mix the sausage meat with the thyme and the green onions.
- Slice open the chicken breasts and spread the mix on it.
- Spread 4 bacon slices on a clean worktop. Put a chicken breast on the bacon and roll like a sushi. Repeat for the other breasts.
- Roll tightly in a plastic wrap and wiggle the ends to form a candy shape. Wrap it up in aluminium foil. Repeat for the other breasts.
- Place the ballotines in boiling water and simmer for 20-23 minutes. Internal temperature should be at 74°C.
- Remove ballotines from the water, then remove foil and plastic wrap.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and stir ballotines in it until bacon is golden and crispy.
- Cut the ballotines into 2 centimeters thick slices and cover with tomato pesto.
- Serve immediately with grilled vegetables or green salad.