The ‘’WIN YOUR BOEUF QUÉBEC BARBECUE FEAST” Contest 2020
Official Rules (the “Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. THE CONTEST IS VALID IN CANADA ONLY (AND IS OPEN ONLY TO ELIGIBLE PERSONS, AS SPECIFIED IN THE RULES BELOW). VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AS SET FORTH BELOW.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc. Information is being provided to the Sponsor (defined below), not to Facebook, Inc. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, Inc. Your participation in this Contest must at all times comply with all applicable Facebook’s terms of service. In the event of any violation of such terms of service, the Sponsor may, in its sole and absolute discretion, disqualify you from the Contest.
1.The WIN YOUR BOEUF QUÉBEC BARBECUE FEAST (the “Contest”) commences at Tuesday June 9th, 2020 @ noon EST until Friday June 19th, 2020 at noon EST (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received by noon EST on June 19th, 2020 (the “Contest Closing Time”). Entries submitted after the Contest Closing Time will not be accepted.
- This Contest is only open to legal residents of Quebec and Ontario who are over 18 years of age in at the time of entry, excluding: (a) employees, directors, officers, representatives and agents of: (i) Maillard or Boeuf Québec (the “Sponsor”); (ii) the independent contest management organization appointed by the Sponsor to administer the Contest (the “Contest Administrator”); (iii) any affiliates of the Sponsor or the Contest Administrator; (iv) any of the Sponsor’s advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies involved in the development or execution of the Contest in any way; and (v) any persons or entities involved in judging the Contest; and (b) all persons with whom those specified in (a) are domiciled or immediately related. The persons and entities specified in (a) and (b) are referred to collectively herein as the “Contest Entities”. For the purposes of these rules, two people are “immediately related” if one is the husband, wife, spouse, common-law partner, son, stepson, son-in-law, daughter, stepdaughter, daughter-in-law, sister, stepsister, sister-in-law, brother, stepbrother, brother-in-law, mother, stepmother, mother-in-law, father, stepfather or father-in-law of the other. For clarity, groups, clubs, organizations, businesses and commercial and non-commercial entities cannot enter the Contest.
- An entrant must meet the eligibility requirements set out in these Rules from the time of entry until the time he/she is confirmed a winner (if he/she becomes a winner).
How to Enter
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This Contest takes place online and requires you to have internet connection. If you do not have internet connection, many public libraries, retail businesses and others offer free computer and internet services.
- During the Contest Period, go to our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/maillardco) (the “Website”) and follow the instructions mentioned on the contest’s post.
- You can only enter once.
- All entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility from any entrant, which proof shall be in the form required by the Sponsor. Failure to provide proof of identity and/or eligibility to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
Prizes and Odds of Winning
- There is a total of one (1) Grand Prize available to be won at the outset of this Contest. The Grand Prize consists of a bundle of Boeuf Québec products that Maillard distributes. The box contains one (1) Boeuf Québec Tomahawk steak of 1.2 kg; four (4) Boeuf Québec Manhattan striploin steaks of 225 g each; four (4) Boeuf Québec beef bavettes of 225 g each; one (1) Smoke Show spice blend. The Grand Prize winner will not be entitled to the difference, if any, between the actual and approximate retail value.
After the draw, the winner will be contacted by the Sponsor’s agents or representatives. Afterwards, both parties will agree on a date on which the delivery will be done.
- All amounts and costs related to any Prizes, including but not limited to all income, sales, use and other taxes (and the reporting thereof) imposed as a result of the award of a Prize, which are not expressly covered by the Sponsor are the responsibility of the individual winner. It is the individual winner’s responsibility to understand and abide by any federal, provincial, territorial, local or foreign tax laws that may apply to receipt of a Prize.
- A person eligible to win a Prize must accept the Prize as awarded and may not transfer such Prize or substitute or exchange for, or apply the Prize’s value towards, cash or a higher cost or alternative prize. All Prizes are non-refundable, cannot be replaced if lost or stolen and are provided on an “as is” basis, without any representation or warranty of any kind. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent or greater kind or value in the event of the unavailability of all or part of a Prize or for any other reason whatsoever.
How Prizes are Awarded
- A random draw will be conducted to award the Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize Draw”), subject to these Rules on Friday June 19th, 2020 at approximately noon ET in Montreal, Quebec, from all eligible Contest entries received during the Contest Period. One (1) potential winner will be randomly selected in the Grand Prize Draw. The Grand Prize Draw will be conducted by the Contest Administrator.
- If, for any reason whatsoever, by the time of a Grand Prize Draw), no eligible entries have been received or there are an insufficient number of eligible entries to award all of the Prizes allocated to that Prize Draw, any unawarded Prizes may be awarded during the next applicable Prize Draw. This process will be repeated until all Prizes for the Contest are awarded. If, for any reason whatsoever, any Prizes are not awarded following the completion of the final Prize Draw, those Prizes will not be awarded.
- The Sponsor and/or its representatives may respond to entries on the Website or otherwise engage with Contest participants during the Contest Period, but such interactions will have no impact on the process through which Prizes are awarded in accordance with those rules.
- Each potential winner of a Prize will be notified initially by Facebook Messenger or via email in the minutes following the draw. If the Contest Administrator is unsuccessful in its attempts to reach and speak directly with a potential winner after three (3) attempts, then, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, that potential winner may be disqualified without liability to the Sponsor. In the event of such a disqualification, an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries, the exact process to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, subject to these Rules. Through the winner notification process, the potential winner must confirm his/her eligibility and indicate his/her willingness to accept the applicable Prize.
- If a selected potential winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, is unable or unwilling to accept the Prize as offered or elects to decline the Prize, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries, subject to these Rules. Any disqualified winner will not receive any alternate prize, substitution or compensation.
- Upon satisfaction of all requirements of these Rules, including, without limitation, winners will be contacted to make further Prize delivery arrangements.
- In order to comply with the requirements of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (Board of Alcohols, Races and Games), the potential winner will have to answer and mathematical question, to be eligible to the prize.
- The Sponsor respects your right to privacy and works at all times to comply with all applicable data protection and privacy laws. Except as expressly set out in these Rules, or as otherwise agreed to by you, any personal information provided in connection with this Contest will only be collected, used and disclosed by the Sponsor and its third-party partners and service providers for the purposes of administering and conducting this Contest, including, without limitation, verification of eligibility and identity and awarding and delivering Prizes. Please note that personal information provided as part of this Contest may be collected in, transferred to and processed and stored in jurisdictions outside of Canada. Such information will be subject to the general laws applicable within those jurisdictions, including, without limitation, possible access by regulatory authorities. The Sponsor will not sell, share or otherwise disclose personal information provided in connection with this Contest to or with third parties or agents, other than to third parties or agents engaged by the Sponsor to fulfill the above purposes or as permitted or required by the applicable laws.
Additional Rules and Restrictions
- By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Contest Administrator, which shall be final and binding on all entrants in all matters relating to this Contest, subject to the jurisdiction of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, where applicable. In the event an entrant wins a Prize and is later found to be in violation of these Rules, he/she will be required to forfeit the Prize or to reimburse Sponsor for the stated value of the Prize if such violation is discovered after winner has used the Prize. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible for the Prize.
- Proof of sending (regardless of method) is not proof of receipt by the Sponsor or Contest Administrator. Incomplete, altered, mutilated or garbled entries will be disqualified. The Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, garbled, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or damaged entries, or for entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Rules, or for any entry not submitted or received due to any technical error or failure, unauthorized human intervention, inaccurate capture or mis-entry of any required information, the effects of hackers, the failure of any electronic equipment, computer transmissions and/or network connections or any other reason beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control; all of which will be disqualified. The Releasees are not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including, without limitation: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Entrants are restricted to use of ordinary and typical computer equipment and internet access use in respect of the Contest.
- The Releasees are not responsible for the cancellation or postponement of any component of this Contest or any associated programs and materials. The Releasees are not responsible for any other errors of any kind, whether computer, technical, typographical.