Tuna Tacos with Fried Avocados
Cooking Time: 5 min
Preparation: 30 min
These unbelievably good tuna tacos are meant to be eaten with friends, and a good summer lemonade (or any other desired cold drink). Plus, the fried avocados will surely be a new favorite of yours!
- 1 pack of yellowfin tuna poke cubes, from Maillard
- 1 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of sambal oelek
- 1 tbsp of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 small corn tortillas (6 inches) for the store
- 3 leaves of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados
- 30 ml of flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of panko
- 1 cup of canola oil, for frying
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 lime
- Slice the avocados to thick strips and put to freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the tuna, the mayonnaise, the sambal oelek and chopped cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the avocados out of the freezer, coat in flour, beaten eggs and panko, in that order.
- Preheat the canola oil to a temperature of 350°F (or use a fryer). Fry the avocados 3 to 5 minutes or until they are golden brown. Salt and pepper when out.
- Sear the tortillas in a non-stick pan, 30 seconds on each side, at high heat.
- Spread the tortillas in a plate. Prepare the tacos with the tuna mix, the avocados and the lettuce.
- Garnish with lime wedges and green onions.