Rossini Filet Mignon
Cooking Time: 50min
For a romantic dinner with the loved one or any other occasion, this Rossini filet mignon recipe is simply perfect. Top it with exquisite duck foie gras. Yum!
- 2 steaks (170g each) beef tenderloin, room temperature, by Maillard
- 2 slices (100g each) of duck foie gras, room temperature, by Maillard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Fresh chopped chives, for service
- 2 cups of veal stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Pepper to taste
Potatoes and celery root puree
- 2 yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 small celery root, peeled and cut into cubes 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large saucepan filled with boiling water, cook potatoes and celery root for 25 to 30 minutes, or until vegetables are very tender. Drain and return to the pan.
- Over medium heat, add milk and butter and melt while stirring. Add salt and pepper to taste. Puree and reserve.
- In a large skillet heated over high heat, add the veal stock and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Reduce to medium heat, add 2 butter and melt. Simmer a few minutes or until the sauce is slightly thick. Season with pepper and mix. Taste the sauce and add a little water if it is too salty. Keep warm.
- In a large anti-adhesive frying pan heated over medium high heat, add the oil followed by the butter and melt it while stirring.
- Add the filet mignon, rub in the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the meat is well colored. Season with salt and pepper generously.
- Flip the meat over and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes. Salt and pepper generously. Depending on the thickness of your steak, it should be rare at this point. Remove from heat, place on a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the same skillet over medium high heat. Add the slices of foie gras then season with salt and pepper generously. Cook for 1 minute per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Build your plates! Spread a good portion of mashed potatoes at the bottom of a plate and place the tenderloins. Add the slices of foie gras, drizzle with the sauce and garnish with fresh chives! Serve immediately.