Grilled Striploin Steaks with Butter and Dijon Sauce
Cooking Time: 10 min
Preparation: 30 min
Imagine a great marbled beefy flavour just charging your taste buds. Sounds amazingly good, right? Now take that flavour and mix it with the one of a buttery sauce with Dijon mustard and thyme... Too good to be true, you might say. But you can have this party for your buds with this recipe. You're welcome!
- 2 Manhattan striploin steaks (225 g each), from Maillard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil, to oil the barbecue grate
Butter and Dijon sauce (for 2 people)
- 1/4 cup salted butter or semi-salted
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3-4 sprigs of thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon (optional)
- Pepper, to taste
- Get the meat out of the refrigerator, salt and pepper, and let sit for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Right before cooking the meat, prepare the sauce: in a small pan, melt half the butter at medium heat. Add the garlic and the shallot, sauté for 2 minutes. Add the white wine, let it reduce, and add the Dijon mustard, thyme, tarragon and pepper. Add the rest of the butter by small portions and melt by whisking it. Reserve.
- Preheat the barbecue at high heat. Clean and oil the grates.
- Put the steaks on the grill, cook for 2 minutes and rotate 45 degrees to get checkered grill marks. Keep on cooking for another 2 minutes. Turn, and cook a few more minutes, until desired doneness. Transfer on a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce for a few minutes at low heat, in order to re-liquify it a little (optional). Whisk once again.
- Slice the steaks and serve with the butter and Dijon sauce.
- Note: You can double the sauce to use it on the side dishes. It’s excellent with grilled potatoes or vegetables.