Caprese Burgers with Pesto
Serves: 4 burgers
Cooking Time: 10 min
Preparation: 20 min
This recipe is nothing but awesomely exotic and mouthwatering. Dare to try our Caprese burgers with pesto, based on the famous Caprese salad. It's Italia between two buns! 🇮🇹
- 500 g of lean ground beef, by Maillard
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Buns and Garnishes
- 4 big burger buns
- 150 to 200 g of bocconcini cheese, sliced
- 1 big tomato, sliced
- 1 cup of salad greens (basil, arugula, baby spinach, or other)
- 2 to 4 tbsp of pesto
- Mayonnaise, to taste
Reduction of Balsamic Vinegar (optional, or replace by commercial version)
- ½ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp of honey
- Reduction of balsamic vinegar : In a small saucepan, add the honey and the vinegar. Bring to boil then reduce to low heat. Let the sauce reduce for 10 minutes, stir from time to time. Reserve.
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef, shallot, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Shape 4 big patties.
- Preheat barbecue at high heat. Clean and oil the grate.
- Cook the patties for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn around, add cheese on top and continue cooking for a few minutes, until patties are well and cheese melted. Grill the buns.
- Spread mayonnaise on bottom buns, and add pesto. Put patties on buns, garnish with a tomato slice, salad greens and a drizzle of reduced balsamic vinegar.
- If desired, spread pesto on top bun. Close the burgers.